[haiku-development] ACPI development

  • From: "Ithamar R. Adema" <ithamar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 22:42:57 +0100

Hi,

Since my EeePC has networking now (wired, ok, but still), I'm looking in getting more support for the box. What I would like to do is ACPI support, which is required for hotkeys, wireless control, lid open/close, etc. I've seen acpi_lid and acpi_thermal drivers, which both (try to) use the new driver architecture, but fail to load, due to the module paths.

Another example of ACPI driver is acpi_button, which seems to work, but uses the old driver model....

I'd like to do some work on ACPI drivers, e.g. for starters get those two drivers (lid/thermal) working, but wondering how to continue. Is there anyone who already has a clear-cut design of how he/she would like ACPI to work under Haiku?

Do we want the acpi bus manager to be a bus manager like the other new ones, publishing devices, and having a directory with drivers for this particular bus implementing support for the acpi devices?

I'd like to have some form of censensus on this before actually hacking away on the drivers....

Eagerly awating feedback,

Ithamar.