[haiku-development] Re: ACPI and IRQ descriptors

  • From: "Clemens Zeidler" <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 09:57:02 +1200

Am 28.06.2010, 05:03 Uhr, schrieb Fredrik Holmqvist <fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx>:

Just a quick note that if anyone has the skill and knowledge to setup
io-apic I've added a patch for the ACPI part on
http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/5#comment:26

I just looked into it at the weekend. After removing this part, are you able to read the irq descriptors from the source entry? On my machine it always fail. There is no check for this in the code at the moment see *).

Commiting it will probably make most builds non-bootable, it tries to
use io-apic since the ACPI-part don't fail anymore.

Isn't io-apic disabled at the moment via the kernel settings?

Regards,
        Clemens

*)
http://haiku.it.su.se:8180/source/xref/src/system/kernel/arch/x86/arch_int.cpp line 669