[haiku-development] A random thought about the Release process

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 20:36:35 +0000

Hi all,

Here's an idea to make things easier on the branch maintainer ...

In order for every non-necessary changeset[1] to be applied to the
release branch,
someone other than the committer would need to review it
and comment whether or not the changeset would pose a realistically
detriment to the stability | functionality.

This would effectively reduce the workload of the branch maintainer
into something predictable,
easy to schedule, reduce the required working knowledge, and most
definitely make it less time intensive.

Thoughts?

If anyone knows of better models for releasing software, feel free to
email me ... it'll do me a favor and save me the time from researching
them.

--mmadia

1:
//www.freelists.org/post/haiku-development/R1A3-a-thought-about-the-release-cycle