[haiku-development] A few questions about the layout manager.

  • From: digitalteufel <digitalteufel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 03:53:46 -0500

There doesn't seem to be a way to maintain a constant size for the child of
a splitview while a
window is being resized. For example when you resize the window in Vision,
the user list stays
the same size while you're still able to resize the view manually using the
splitter . I can't see how
this can be done using the Haiku splitview class so am I just missing
something or can it be
considered a bug?

Why is there the need to explicitly call SetLayout to set a seemingly
required dummy layout?
It seems to me like a dummy layout could be automatically be added to all
views that support
layouts when they're created.