[haiku-development] Re: A few questions about the Haiku API

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 12:25:59 +0200

Am 05.06.2012 23:24, schrieb Barrett:
Thanks a lot everybody for the help....

      Just override QuitRequested like this:

    bool
    YourSettingsWindow::__QuitRequested()
    {
        Hide();
        return false;
    }

I have just a question....this way the window is aborting the system
shutdown...what's the better way to handle that? Actually i'm calling
YourSettingsWindow::Quit() from their parent class when the system is
shutting down....

I am pretty sure I do this all the time. I have the suspicion that you are simply dead-locking by trying to quit the settings window. Just don't do anything, the BApplication will already take care to quit all child windows that are still present when BApplication::Quit() runs.

Best regards,
-Stephan