[haiku-development] A couple of questions...

  • From: Luposian <luposian@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 23:15:57 -0700

1) When I try to boot Haiku (r25717, I believe) on my Core 2 Quad Q6600 system (Intel DG33BU motherboard), it gets to the middle icon (disk with leaf?) and then crashes (KDL's) with a VM page fault error message. It says it's running on CPU 2, though. Shouldn't it be running on CPU 1, tho? Is this crash still disk related or something else? I'm still thinking Haiku doesn't know how to properly work with the chipset, concerning IDE hard drives. None of the BIOS disk settings changed anything (Legacy, Native/IDE, or Native/AHCI).

2) Has the 32-bit color depth bug been fixed on nVidia cards yet? Do GeForce 2 series (including GTS, I hope) video cards work in hardware 3D accelerated mode (assuming it only functions in 32-bit color depth) again? That's assuming it ever stopped working while the 32-bit color depth bug was being ironed out.

Luposian