[haiku-development] Re: 9P support

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 20:41:37 +0200

On 2010-08-17 at 15:44:33 [+0200], Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> * Jérôme Duval <korli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb:
> > 2010/8/17 Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@xxxxxxxx>:
> > > is there already support for mounting 9P remote filesystems
> > > on Haiku ?
> >
> > No it doesn't natively. You can eventually try with fuse though (see
> > 9pfuse).
>
> Can common fuse servers be easily compiled to run under Haiku ?

They need to be built with -DB_USE_POSITIVE_POSIX_ERRORS and
-lposix_error_mapper, and linked against -luserland_fuse instead of -lfuse.
Some functions FUSE exports are missing in the UserlandFS interface. Some
file systems might not build.

Note that the file system is used like an add-on, i.e. you are not supposed
to run the resulting executable. Instead you use "mount" like for other
userlandfs file systems.

I've only tested a bit with sshfs so far and while it basically worked I
encountered problems. So the interface is not really recommended for
production use yet.

CU, Ingo