[haiku-development] Re: 64 bit

  • From: Fredrik Andersson <fredrikandersson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2014 20:19:02 +0200

I think the main benefit is that a huge address space allows for filemapping
(which is a clever way to let the OS/MMU handle on demand loading/writing).

However is there really any sane person doing productivity business on Haiku
today?

I think it's clever to focus on having Haiku working on "hardware of the
yesteryears" both as it can breath new life into the machines and people    are
probably less hesitant to install it on an old machine than their most current
once/if it ever gets to the point it attracts people who would normally not
consider it.