[haiku-development] Re: 3dfx Video Driver Question

  • From: Gerald Zajac <zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 17:24:21 -0400

Axel Dörfler wrote:
Gerald Zajac <zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Under ZETA 1.21 a video displays fine when the screen color depth is 8 bpp; thus, I think that this might be a problem with the Haiku MediaPlayer instead of the video driver. Anyway, this is a very minor problem since I think that it would be rare that someone would select a color depth of 8 bpp in the Screen Preferences.

Indeed. It hints to the wrong video color being used by MediaPlayer - but that might also be an app_server bug; at least I can't remember if I actually tested with 8 bit in Haiku (the Intel driver works fine with this on BeOS, too).

Is it possible that it is the video files that I'm using? Under ZETA I use the Memorial Day videos that came with BeOS R5; however, Haiku's MediaPlayer would not play those files. Consequently, I converted those files to a format that the Haiku MediaPlayer would accept, and use these converted files only under Haiku since ZETA's MediaPlayer will not play them. Are there video files available that can be played under either ZETA and Haiku

BTW, this problem also occurs with Radeon chips.

-- Gerald