[haiku-development] Re: 3dfx Video Driver

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 00:05:58 +0200

On 2010-05-20 at 21:46:19 [+0200], Gerald Zajac <zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Axel Dörfler wrote:
> > I think with your drivers you've made numerous
> > and quality contributions to Haiku that definitely should give you
> > commit access if you want (ie. the agreement of the other contributors
> > assumed).
> >
> I'm not sure if I want commit access at this time since the 3dfx video
> driver will be the first contribution I have made since last summer.  If
> I start making more frequent contributions, I would definitely want
> commit access.

Hm, the point of version control is not to commit only complete and
finished pieces of code. :-) When you work in the tree, there are several
adventages:

1) Commits to the tree make the project feel more alive and helps keep the
moral up.
2) People have a much better chance to review what you do (smaller steps),
follow your progress and you may get useful feedback.
3) You work is safe.
4) The code will have a propery history, with all your logs to document
it's evolution.

Best regards,
-Stephan