[haiku-development] Re: 3dfx Video Driver

  • From: Philippe Houdoin <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 13:02:40 +0200

Hi Gerald,

> The driver and accelerant name starting with a numeric character is no
> problem; however,
> I'm wondering if using "3dfx" for the name of the folder containing the
> source files in the
> source repository will cause any problem with svn since the name of the
> folder will start
> with a numeric character.

No problem. We already have some folders starting with a numeric
character, "3com" driver comes to my mind for instance.
The "3d" naming is more problematic with C/C++ identifier naming
rules, though...

> BTW, this driver is intended as a replacement for the tdfx driver that is
> currently in the source repository,
> but never included in any Haiku images.

Was it reported as working but nobody promoted it to Haiku images, or
did any reason was behind, like fallback on VESA was preferred for
performance considuration?
What about this new version of the driver?

Bye,
  Philippe.