[haiku-development] Re: 32bit-wchar_t compilers are now available - optional packages need to be updated

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 12:32:51 -0700

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 7:18 AM, Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I have updated the 32bit-wchar_t branch to make use of the new optional
> packages containing the corresponding compilers.
>
> The following has been changed in addition to switching wchar_t to int:
>
> - the default include paths of both compilers have been adjusted to be
> equal,
>  both now include an additional 'glibc' folder
> - the glibc-specific headers _G_config.h and the new printf.h have been
> moved
>  to the 'glibc' header folder
> - the gcc4 build no longer links everything against libsupc++.a implicitly,
>  but every target requiring it explicitly states that it needs to be linked
>  against $(TARGET_LIBSUPC++), which is now libsupc++.so.
> - $(TARGET_LIBSTDC++) in the gcc4 build is libstdc++.so now, instead of
>  libstdc++.a (the shared library is built by linking the static library
> that
>  has been created with the compiler into a shared lib)
> - both compilers no longer refer to non-existing object files (*mcount.o)
> for
>  the profile link specification
> - the new compiler packages come with html-docs instead of info and man
>  formats
> - none of the compiler packages provide libstdc++.so or libsupc++.so, but
>  merely link to the respective libraries living in /boot/system/lib
>
> If you'd like to try things out or would like to help with updating all the
> optional packages that might be influenced by the changed wchar_t, please
> do
> the following:
>
> switch
>        buildtools
>        buildtools/branches/32bit-wchar_t
>
> then rebuild the compiler(s).
>
> switch
>        haiku/trunk
>        haiku/branches/features/32bit-wchar_t
>
> and rebuild it.
>
> Please tell if you encounter anything peculiar with those builds.
>
> I am going to update the branch to include all the last changes to trunk
> and
> then will check the wchar-related tickets to see which of these have now
> been
> solved (if any).
>
> cheers,
>         Oliver

Building on ubuntu i get this error when trying to build the buildtools:

gcc -c -DCROSS_COMPILE -DIN_GCC    -O2 -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE     -I. -I..
-I/home/scottmc/develop/haiku/buildtools/legacy/gcc/gcc/cp
-I/home/scottmc/develop/haiku/buildtools/legacy/gcc/gcc/cp/..
-I/home/scottmc/develop/haiku/buildtools/legacy/gcc/gcc/cp/../config
-I/home/scottmc/develop/haiku/buildtools/legacy/gcc/gcc/cp/../../include
/home/scottmc/develop/haiku/buildtools/legacy/gcc/gcc/cp/pt.c
In file included from
/home/scottmc/develop/haiku/buildtools/legacy/gcc/gcc/cp/pt.c:36:
/home/scottmc/develop/haiku/buildtools/legacy/gcc/gcc/cp/parse.h:43: error:
redeclaration of enumerator ‘TYPENAME’
/home/scottmc/develop/haiku/buildtools/legacy/gcc/gcc/cp/decl.h:29: error:
previous definition of ‘TYPENAME’ was here
make[2]: *** [pt.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/scottmc/develop/haiku/trunk/generated/cross-tools-build/gcc/gcc/cp'
make[1]: *** [cc1plus] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/scottmc/develop/haiku/trunk/generated/cross-tools-build/gcc/gcc'
make: *** [cross] Error 2
ERROR: Building gcc failed.
scottmc@compaq:~/develop/haiku/trunk$

-scottmc