[haiku-development] Re: 32bit-wchar_t branch has been merged into trunk - full rebuild necessary

  • From: Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 22:00:34 -0500

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 8:37 PM, Oliver Tappe<zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hm, I changed the signature of stringsteam::setbuf() to match its base. While
> the crash that triggered me changing it looked a lot like the one above (only
> stringstream instead of fstream), the fstream.h header does have the right
> signature in setbuf(), though.
>
> So: nope, no bell ringing.

For what it's worth, out of curiosity I tried rewriting the offending
code to use stdio instead of the STL stream classes and it then wound
up crashing in ofstream trying to write the output, so whatever the
problem is, it affects at least both ifstream and ofstream, I'd guess
via inheritance (and only on gcc2, building with gcc4 ran correctly).

Regards,

Rene