[haiku-development] Re: __BEOS__

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 11:14:30 +0100

On 2011-03-13 at 10:08:36 [+0100], Clemens <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> in bug #7365 i see a similar crash in ssl as described here:
>
> http://marc.info/?l=openssl-users&m=119064775713372&w=2

In this thread's original post another thread is referenced that reads to me
like using libcrypto (part of it? in a certain context?) cannot be used by
multiple threads anyway. I'm not familiar with libcrypto -- maybe the
documentation states something to this effect. If the OpenSSL build system
checks for pthread_self() and that is used when available, the same should
work on Haiku as well.

Regarding the ticket: It is also possible that the heap has been corrupted
and libcrypto is simply the victim.

CU, Ingo