[haiku-depot-web] userRatingStabilityCode

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 11:23:33 +0200

Hi Andrew,

what are the valid values for "userRatingStabilityCode" in the CreateUserRatingRequest or UpdateUserRatingRequest?

When the user rates a package in HaikuDepot, my plan is to use the SearchUserRatingsRequest to query for a previous rating of the current user for the latest version of the package. If there is one, the rating window would be prefilled with the rating's values, so the user can edit it. The actions in the window would then be "Update rating" and "Delete rating" (or more accurately "Hide rating" ?). If there is no previous rating, the CreateUserRatingRequest would be used to create a new one. I am hoping that the search request will not give me a rating when the user has not made one for the current version of the package when I request LATEST for version in the search. When using the CreateUserRatingRequest, the package version would be specified to the current package version. Sounds good?

With regard to "Delete rating" versus "Hide rating"... does the SearchUserRatingsRequest give me inactive ratings? If yes, that would allow me to "unhide" a rating, so the action could be "Hide rating" and not "Delete rating".

I should be done now with the preparation for doing requests which require a user account, so that this could be the next thing I implement.

Best regards,
-Stephan