[haiku-depot-web] Re: User Authentication

  • From: Richie Nyhus <richienyhus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 00:53:41 +1200

Hi Andrew,

>> Isn't that only with OpenID 1.0 & 2.0 and has changed with the new OIDC
>> (OpenID Connect 1.0) standard released this year?
>
> As far as I'm able to make out "OpenID Connect" continues to have a phase
whereby a server presents the user with the web page into which the user
must authenticate before the server handshakes (redirects) back into your
application -- is that not your reading?

Yes you are right, I looks like got the wrong end of the stick.

> If this project could no longer use this software (at no cost) at some
point in the future, do you have an idea what the migration off it onto
something else would look like?

If the comany was bought out by new owners and who did not allow free use
to open source projects, then Haiku would be in trouble with Haiku also
using bitbucket. But the likes of OpenAM, Josso, FreeIPA are there as
alternatives if this were to happen. Plus there are guides migrating to the
Open Identity Stack (OpenAM+OpenDJ+OpenIDM).

Regards,
Richard.