[haiku-depot-web] Re: User Authentication

  • From: Andrew Lindesay <apl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2014 20:46:12 +1200

Hi Stephan;

I'm having the same line of thought actually. Presumably this application would need to write to LDAP anyway so maybe a first step would be to get that part working and for now use LDAP authentication as well. This way the parts are put in place to then later extend with OpenID; giving a bit more time to investigate those possible projects/products that Richard has recently mentioned.

cheers.

On 4/09/14 7:25 pm, Stephan Aßmus wrote:
Hi,

seeing as LDAP kind of emerged as the back-end of choice regardless of
the layers on top of it, would there be any knowledge about migrating
the existing authentication data from the web app to LDAP? Because if
there is an easy way to migrate that automatically, the change of the
authentication backend may not need to hold up that web app introduction
article.

On the other hand, you guys can just tell me to please stop rushing
things and I'll shut up for a while! :-D

Best regards,
-Stephan

--
Andrew Lindesay