[haiku-depot-web] Re: Update w/ Categories, Version Views and Better Search

  • From: Andrew Lindesay <apl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 23:29:26 +1300

Hi Stephan;

Thanks for the feedback.

wonder if it couldn't simply be a scrollable list showing all packages
matching the filtering. Do you fear this might not scale well enough? If

Perhaps a much longer page size would fix this? I don't want to categorise by first letter because non alphabetical sort order is used with some options.

Also "Search" seems to be orthogonal to the other options to filter the
list, so adding a permanent search field to the list like it is done in
HaikuDepot could be a big improvement for quickly reaching a certain
package.

I'll see what I can do there; this should be possible. I'll try to grab a nightly and see how the HD desktop application looks these days.

to consice code where those objects are used. But the declaration can be
cumbersome and somewhat error-prone, depending on the situation. For the

Yes there are certainly advantages and disadvantages with this!

Regards;

--
Andrew Lindesay