[haiku-depot-web] Re: Update; Version Ordering, Some UI Changes...

  • From: Andrew Lindesay <apl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 23:43:02 +1200

Hi Stephan;

I see what the document I was reading was getting at now; good example thanks!

cheers.

On 14/05/14 11:37 pm, Stephan Aßmus wrote:
Hi,

Am 14.05.2014 11:48, schrieb Andrew Lindesay:
My C++/STL knowledge is probably not deep enough to comment on the C++11
requirement.  I just had a quick read about the "move semantics", but as
you say, it is not hugely intuitive.

Well, it absolutely makes sense when the compiler has an implementation
for move semantics when it knows that the object being stripped of its
data is a temporary object. Something like

Value a = Value(parameters);
a.SetValue(Value(otherParameters));

It is not so intuitive when these simple lines of code...

Value a(parameters);
Value b(otherParameters);
a = b;

... destroy the contents of b. And from reading rapidjson docs, that
seems to be what is implemented for optimization reasons. I might have
gotten things wrong, though.

Best regards,
-Stephan

--