[haiku-depot-web] Update; Multi-repository to Production and Icons

  • From: Andrew Lindesay <apl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 21:55:15 +1200

Hello;

- - -

In the last couple of weeks, I made a couple of changes to HD (desktop) to be able to transmit the default repository code "haikudepot" in appropriate API calls to the server. This means that in the meantime, HD will continue to only pull data for HaikuPorts repository (as was the case prior) and will work with the updated HDS. This should be available when people do a "pkgman update" on their Haiku system. Because the specification of the default repository is now at the desktop app end, I've also taken out the ability for the APIs to fallback to the default repository code "haikudepot" on the server end.

Oliver; can you please deploy from "haikudepotserver-1.0.45" into the production deployment when you get a moment.

- - -

In case anybody wants to use HD (desktop) against a specific server (prod, test or development), it is now possible to supply a command line argument to the binary on the Haiku side and force the server's base URL.

- - -

Not related to repositories... I've also been spending some time on a command line program that will run on linux and mac that can render the hvif vector data to PNG bitmaps. This will mean that administrators will only need to upload hvif icons rather than hand-produce PNGs at various sizes. I'm still figuring out a couple of things about packaging that and then I'll do some work around integrating that function into the application server.

- - -

Thank you to Ingo, Axel and Stephan for the help getting those changes into the main code-base around this.

cheers.

--
Andrew Lindesay