[haiku-depot-web] Re: Update; Localization (Yet Again)

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 20:38:36 +0200

On 14.04.2014 11:33, Andrew Lindesay wrote:
I finally have the package localization page done and this should now
result in the ability for editing of packages' localization entries!
Editing is only possible as a root user at this point in time.

Stephan; this will mean that should localizations have been
populated, the desktop client will get back summaries and
descriptions corresponding to the "naturalLanguageCode" that you have
supplied in the API calls.  If there are no translations populated,
it will fall back to English which is always supplied in the HPKR
file.

The original plan for internationalizing the package attributes (summary, description, and (later) display name) was to provide the translations either included in the package or (preferably) as separate language files with the package. In either case they would be built into the repository (probably as one compiled file per language). I wonder how that fits with editing the localization entries in the web app.

CU, Ingo