[haiku-depot-web] Update; Deployment Changes

  • From: Andrew Lindesay <apl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 23:42:32 +1200

Hello;

I have modified the build system to produce two RPMs; a production and a test variant. This change is documented here [1] -- see 8.4. I have tested build + install on a CentOS host and they seem to run-up without problems on the same host.

Note that the HTTP port for the application servers has changed so that there is a specific port for production and test installs respectively. An apache "virtual host" will need to be configured to reverse-proxy to the test system and the production reverse-proxy will need to be re-configured with the amended port number.

The git tag for this is;

        haikudepotserver-1.0.7

Other deploy things to remember; the "curl" trigger into the test deployment for repository refresh and also the cron entry for triggering scheduled tasks in the test deployment.

Oliver; I hope it all rolls out smoothly -- it is quite a significant change!

Stephan; Once the test deployment is running, your development environment should point at the test system rather than the production system so that you can modify data and test as you wish without needing to change the real data. It will also allow me to coordinate changes with you without disrupting people using it.

Note that the API provides a "getRuntimeInformation" method. If you would like to, you can build-in a "minimum supported version number" into the desktop application so that it can avoid running against older versions of the application server. This version number is also able to be seen in the "About" page in the application.

Let me know if there's any problems around this; if I don't reply on-list, try sending an email off-list in case there's a mailing list issue.

Regards

[1]
http://www.silvereye.co.nz/tmp/haikudepotserver-docs-26sep2014-tmp.pdf

--