[haiku-depot-web] Update

  • From: Andrew Lindesay <apl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2014 12:21:21 +1200

Hello;

A few changes this git-push.

The requests for the icons will now, by default, send proper cache instructions to the browser. Additionally, the rendering of the pages will use a static fallback image without having to make a server-trip. This should speed-up page loads a bit -- Issue #3.

There is now handling for browsers that are not able to run the application (JavaScript disabled or insufficient functionality) in that an "unsupported page" is shown. You can disable JavaScript to see this.

The "About page" is filled-out a bit more and a different localization mechanic is employed to produce that.

There was a scheduler running inside the application every ~1h to clean-up password change tokens (and other things in the future maybe...), but I've decided that this is best handled outside the application from cron for the longer-term. Oliver; can you please add a crontab entry for this;

  14 * * * * curl "https://host/maintenance/mediumterm";

I won't put this into the RPM as there may be different ways to do this in the future.

Updated documentation covering the maintenance scheduling above and a section on how localization works;

  http://www.silvereye.co.nz/tmp/haikudepotserver-docs-4aug2014-tmp.pdf

Thanks to Humdinger for more German localizations!

Oliver; when you get a spare moment, can you please deploy that to the testing system.

Regards;

--
Andrew Lindesay