[haiku-depot-web] Re: Title "localization"

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 16:47:59 +0100

Am 17.03.2015 um 16:21 schrieb Alexander G. M. Smith:
Axel Dörfler wrote on Mon, 16 Mar 2015 12:17:18 +0100:
I think it makes perfect sense to put the default pretty name into the
package itself. For one, it's pretty much no work for the packager to
add this information, and then, I think it makes sense to have that
information available in the CLI tools, too.

Besides the readable title (possibly in multiple languages) and description
(currently present only in English), how about having other metadata in the
.hpkg?  It would be nice to have the screen shot and an icon.  Carried to it's
logical conclusion, everything you'd need for displaying the package in an
Application store (like the Apple App Store) could be in the .hpkg.

This is a terrible idea. Much less flexible than now, and the packages are much bigger for a reason that only affects looking at the package in HaikuDepot.

Best regards,
-Stephan