[haiku-depot-web] Re: Progress

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 23:46:49 +0200

On 10/23/2013 01:03 PM, Andrew Lindesay wrote:
I've made some good progress thus far.  Here is what I have implemented;

* HPKR native parse to model objects in java w/ some automated testing
* Initial API
  - stubs and DTOs
  - implementation of initial API
* Initial persistence
  - Apache Cayenne ORM model
  - Automated database schema install and upgrade
  - Schema + model objects
* Part-done web interface for search and view packages
* Infrastructure to populate the server database with packages from
remote HPKR

Awesome!

Obviously lots of things not yet done.  I won't put the source into the
shared GIT just yet.

By all means, please put it there. That makes it so much easier to follow the progress and review/comment on changes.

I am happy to continue, but I do now need to confirm that the community
will ultimately use this application-server/web project because I can't
spend more time with the possibility of it not being used.  Let me know
your thoughts.

Well, no one can offer you any guarantees (such is life), but there aren't any general objections to the approach and, extrapolating the visible progress, yours will likely be the first (and only?) usable implementation. So I don't see, why it wouldn't be used.

CU, Ingo