[haiku-depot-web] Re: Progress

  • From: Scott Jacovidis <scottybe2012@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 15:05:07 -0400

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 10:09 AM, Joseph Prostko <joe.prostko@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Great to hear you're making good progress!  I admit I haven't done
> much but basically working through giving myself a crash course in
> Django, and brushing up on my Python, which I haven't looked at in a
> long time.  Given this fact and that my work schedule has gotten even
> more crazy, I don't think I'll be ready to really dig into anything
> until the week of the 14th or the 21st.

Let me know which dates are most probable for you to begin one week in
advance.  I will prioritize building a skeleton of the project with all the
most important elements for you.

went to a Python meetup a few years bakc that was all about Django,
> but that meeting was my first experience with Python at all, I
> believe, and I didn't get much takeaway since I couldn't keep up at
> the time.
>
> I'm not sure if Scott has started on anything, but if so, I'm
> interested to hear what he has been working on.

I have some (database) models from past projects that will be useful here.
I will make them more like the data diagrams and get the Django admin
system up and running.

Also, I have already identified a couple of modules that would jump start
the project. OpenID login and registration and a comments (tagging
module).   I will get them running with the basic project and leave enough
documentation for a novice to get their feet wet.

> > Ingo; thanks for the great documentation.
>
> Indeed, he certainly did a great job in this department, and I
> definitely appreciate his efforts.  :)

Once again agreed.  Keep fleshing it out!

Scott