[haiku-depot-web] Re: Idenity Management

  • From: Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 14:36:10 +0200

On 2014-09-14 at 13:08:47 [+0200], Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> Am 14.09.2014 um 11:31 schrieb Andrew Lindesay <apl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > I assume that none of us has spare time to look into deployment of an SSO
> > system at the present time.  It would be nice to get SSO in play, but
> > perhaps it is more important to get HDS into use short-term (with its own
> > user-management) rather than wait for SSO?  What are others' thoughts on
> > that?
>
> has the version with LDAP compatible storage of password hashes already
> been deployed? (I thought not.) I think once that is running, we should
> have that article. I’ve started writing it the other day and will consult
> with the list before publishing anything.

I agree. Due to my new commercial project, I'm having less time for
Haiku-related work, so I can't say when I'll get around to working on the SSO
setup. On top of that, there are other items on my TODO list, some of which
are more pressing (like getting automatic builds of bootstraps and haikuports
build sets working). So I think we should indeed postpone the SSO setup until
someone has enough time to work on it.

cheers,
        Oliver