[haiku-depot-web] Icon-Upload Workflow

  • From: Andrew Lindesay <apl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 21:49:21 +1200

Hello;

Issue #5 [1] requests a better icon-upload workflow. It would be really nice if HDS could consume an HVIF and would then produce bitmap data at various sizes as necessary. I had a brief look at the C++ code that renders the HVIF to see how hard it would be to render the HVIF into a Java Graphics context, but (as noted on the ticket) I think this is the wrong way to approach the problem. Better would be to write a native Haiku tool that accepted an HVIF or extracted an HVIF, rendered the PNGs and uploaded the HVIF and bitmaps to HDS.

If others agree that this would be a better approach, I will close this ticket and hopefully somebody will have some time to work on that at some point. I am happy to provide help / pointers from the HDS side and don't forget there's a test deployment to develop against!

Regards;

[1] https://github.com/aplgithub/haikudepotserver/issues/5

--
Andrew Lindesay