Hello Ivan & Humdinger;
Thank you for the feedback. Time is of course a constraint and I feel
that I need to focus on the client-server scaling pinch-points as a
priority so sorry if these things get shelved for the time-being. It is
still good to lodge them!
I re-tested it and this is the case for packages I already translated.I see that it does that already. I didn't notice, because I usuallyThen the localization page would be displayed, with:This would be a nice little detail. :)
* your language pre-selected
use the English locale of the website.
When the package isn't translated, I still get the English version
even when HDS is switched to Slovak.
Going off-topic - when Haiku first introduced package localization, I
facepalmed because I feel it's reinventing the wheel poorly by not
using the .po format for translations. There's a ton of tooling
file where they can use translation memory. This could be used even
for website localization, like HDS. I do realize gettext never took
off in the Java world, either (which uses the simple .properties
I made a new PR with some updates. No need to merge it now, it can
stay open for a few days. I'll use it to add any fixes that I notice.