[haiku-depot-web] Re: HPKG/HPKR file format change(s)

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 12:19:08 +0200

On 07/14/2014 10:46 AM, Andrew Lindesay wrote:
I haven't actually tried to assemble an HPKR myself yet.  If I use a
command such as that below in order to try to generate an
"B_HPKG_COMPRESSION_NONE" HPKR from the packages resident on a nightly;

cd /system/packages
package_repo create -0 <repo-info> *.hpkg

... it doesn't seem to like the "-0" and I'm wondering if there is any
documentation on the format of the "<repo-info>" available?  Am I
heading in the right direction?

Uh, sorry for the confusion. The package_repo doesn't allow specifying a compression or compression level. In fact the BRepositoryWriter class doesn't either. I was just inferring that it does from the fact that the common base class used for writing both formats handles that support. So it isn't possible to generate HPKR using B_HPKG_COMPRESSION_NONE in any way ATM.

CU, Ingo