[haiku-depot-web] First test installation available

  • From: Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 19:26:54 +0100

Hi there,

I've finally managed to finish the test installation of haiku-depot-web. It
is available here: https://depot.haiku-os.org (access via http is
automatically redirected to https).

The web server setup is such that our apache instance serves the virtual
host and does a reverse proxy to the java application server. The admin
password for the web service (user 'root') has been changed and can be
found by admins in /root/admin-notes/haikudepotserver.txt on vmrepo.

I have tried to import two repositories (the current haikuports
repositories for x86 and x86_gcc2), but only the former seems to have
worked (there's an index-out-of-range exception thrown during import of the
second repository).

From what I can tell, the web service works just as intended - great work,
Andrew!

I've encountered only one glitch so far: when trying to re-login (as root),
the browser prefilled the form, but the application doesn't seem to notice
that (it seems to believe that both username and password are empty, so it
kept the login button inactive until I'd re-entered username and password
manually).

I guess interested people should register at the site and then we can all
start testing and try to bring application and web service together :-)

Andrew: if you'd like to get an account on the VM running the web service
for easier debugging (log access and all ...), please send me your public
ssh-key and I'll set you up.

cheers,
        Oliver