[haiku-depot-web] Re: Effect of updated descriptions on localizations

  • From: Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web <haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2015 08:12:40 +0100

Hi Andrew!

On 8 February 2015 at 02:42, Andrew Lindesay <apl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Let me know if that doesn't make sense!

That does indeed.
However, I was wondering if there could be a simple solution in case
the description changes from one version to the next. I could imagine,
that a new description just added a sentence somewhere or another few
bullet points to a list of features. Currently, the whole translation
would be lost, right?

Could there be a translation history, maybe accessable through a
pop-up menu below the translation view that holds all submitted
translations from the past? When chosen, that version pops up in a new
window where one can compare it to the new English text and copy and
paste text passages.

Regards,
Humdinger

--