[haiku-depot-web] Re: Effect of updated descriptions on localizations

  • From: Andrew Lindesay <apl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 20:59:46 +1300

Hi Humdinger;

[Oh heck; I had meant to send this a few days ago...]

BTW, I was considering going through all the packages and add the
categories. Then I remembered that there was talk of eventually doing
that through a "reverse-report", i.e. categorize in a spreadsheet and
import that into the database. That might be a better approach when
the real tsunami hits us when all the haikuports-built packges are
automatically uploaded to the depot...

Yes, there is a facility for this. First, authenticate with the system and then go;

Menu > Reports > Package category coverage report

You can then edit this report (eg; Libre Office) as you wish to identify the categories for each package. You can also remove lines in the report if you wish to avoid editing certain packages.

Once you are ready, give the data as a file to a "root user" and they will be able to use the function at;

Menu > Root Operations > Import package categories

This will allow that file to be uploaded and to re-configure the existing package configurations. This should be _much_ easier than manually editing.

cheers.

--
Andrew Lindesay