[haiku-depot-web] Re: Categories (was: Effect of updated descriptions on localizations)

  • From: Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web <haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 16:51:12 +0100

Hi!

On 15 February 2015 at 11:52, luroh <lurohh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I see, that's certainly one way to categorize things. How about
> instead de-categorizing every lib and _devel package and just keep
> development related *applications* in 'Development'?

I'd leave the _devel packages in the same category as the main
package, because they are then more easily found when you already
located the main package. People not interested in _devels have the
menu "Show development packages" disabled anyway.

WRT libraries, I'm not sure. They do blow up the Development category
quite a bit...
It didn't occur to me that some packages just don't get categorized.
But I see the sense now for libraries. Filtering for "Development" a
user might only want to see what development related apps are
available. If he needs a specific libarary, he'll search for it
specifically.

On 16 February 2015 at 09:35, Andrew Lindesay <apl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> * 'Education' and 'Science and Mathematics' -> 'Science and Education'
> * 'Business' merges into 'Productivity'

Maybe 'Business and Productivity'. Doing accounting or, yuck, taxes
isn't very productive...

Regards,
Humdinger

--