[haiku-depot-web] Re: Categories (was: Effect of updated descriptions on localizations)

  • From: luroh <lurohh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 20:22:23 +0100

Andrew Lindesay wrote:

> Maybe we could conceive a tree-structure of
> categories and it would be possible to choose the resolution to which one
> would like to configure a package's categorization?

@ Andrew & Stephan: Even more meta, would it be possible to implement
such a tree structure in a way that would let us extend or trim it
(perhaps even only requiring server-side adjustment?) at a later point
without breaking upgrades, HaikuDepot or something else?
As an example, there might come a day when a radio amateur shows up
and manically writes, ports and packages 50 different ham radio
applications.

- luroh