[haiku-depot-web] Re: App pages on HDS

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 18:18:36 +0200

On 12.07.2015 14:07, Andrew Lindesay wrote:

I'm now trying to integrate this tool into the jam-based build system.
I'm having a bit of trouble getting jam to recognize the target. Looking
at the example you had suggested;

cd ~/Haiku/haiku/generated.x86gcc2
jam -q "update_package_requires"

...I get...

Starting build of type regular ...
WebKit build feature not available for x86_gcc2
don't know how to make update_package_requires
...patience...
...found 1 target(s)...
...can't find 1 target(s)...

The same happens with my new target based on the
"update_package_requires" directory contents.

Am I missing something?

The name of the jam target is actually "<build>update_package_requires". The "<...>" part is called grist and is added to get unique target names within jam. For the actual file name the grist will be removed.

Also, unless I write the PNG out manually, I will need libpng as a
dependency of my tool. I guess a build-host variant of libpng is not
being built as part of the build system. Do you have any advice around
that?

You can just build against the libpng installed on the build host (add "png" to the library list). In src/tools/Jamfile there's even an example of a tool doing that.

CU, Ingo