[haiku-depot-web] Re: API getPkg()

  • From: Andrew Lindesay <apl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2014 23:18:33 +1200

Hi Stephan;

I have just pushed some changes that will provide such an API as we have been discussing over the last few days. Oliver; would you be able to deploy a new build when you have a free moment.

See the following method;

  org.haikuos.haikudepotserver.api1.PkgApi#getBulkPkg(..)

This has some java-doc comments preceding it that outline how it can be used.

The resultant payload will be a little more complex (but not too much more) than your example.

The limit (as discussed) can be obtained via another API;

  MiscellaneousApi#getRuntimeInformation(..)

The rating averages are a float (0..5) and are dummy data at this stage as there is presently no mechanics related to that just yet.

There is also the possibility to find out what icons are stored against a package. This may help to save the desktop client network overhead fetching the package icons in all cases because it can be known in advance if there are any icons stored for each package.

Some localization-handling material has been prematurely pushed as well, but should not effect anything just yet.

Let me know how you go.

cheers.

--
Andrew Lindesay