[haiku-commits] Re: haiku: hrev53600 - src/system/libroot/posix/malloc_hoard2
- From: "Adrien Destugues" <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: haiku-commits@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2019 19:15:01 +0000
24 novembre 2019 19:00 "Fredrik Holmqvist" <fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx> a
Den sön 24 nov. 2019 kl 15:52 skrev Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
I haven't seen any discussion about this beforehand, but FWIW I wanted
to suggest this as well, at least for the next release.
+1 for discussing big changes upfront. At least if we still are
working as a community.
I did not remove the rpmalloc sources, so switching between the two is now
(just change the parent directory Jamfile to use one or the other). I agree we
switch to an allocator that's not based on sbrk, and rpmalloc is a good
however, we should fix its remaining problems first, or if that can't be done,
We now have a list of things that are known to be good stress cases to be
- Running Ruby (needs B_PAGE_SIZE or larger alignment of allocations)
- Running Go (needs a non-fragmented virtual address space)
- Running the WebKit testsuite (lots of allocations in app_server, tests
- Running git gc on a big repo (lots of allocations in git)
We can add to this list as we find problems, turn these into more easily usable
and investigate how other allocators handle these issues.
Other related posts: