[haiku-cdt] Re: [openbeos-cdt] Re: Replicants

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 23:39:11 +0100

On 2009-11-17 at 18:46:58 [+0100], Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> -- Humdinger, on Sun, 15 Nov 2009 17:40:03 +0100:
> > >
> > > I already fixed this.
> >
> > At least in r33939 Tracker still does it. Tracker seems to have
> > problems placing icons anyway at the moment. And with being stable...
>
> I have to correct myself: You're right, Stippi!
> I confused that with files being put under LaunchPad... Sorry.
>
> Any plans to make LaunchPad a Replicant? Or would the "Auto rise" not
> work any longer in that case? If Replcants could auto-rise, that may be
> another interesting setting for the Replicant handle context menu.

My plans would be for LaunchBox functionality to become integrated into
DeskBar and then to remove LaunchBox. (Adding a context menu to DeskBar app
entries with the option to make entries "sticky" (such that the entry
exists even if the app is not running (and by clicking it you launch the
app)) and also to make entries launch at boot time.)

Best regards,
-Stephan