[openbeos-cdt] Re: installer: .pkg dependencies

  • From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <wkornewald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 15:20:18 +0200

Hi,

On 4/27/07, Łukasz 'Sil2100' Zemczak <sil2100@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
But one of my few, better ideas was to give the user the choice of
making backup copies of the conflicting files, and installing the ones
from the current package. For instance, CoolApp2 would want to overwrite
some files belonging to CoolApp1, so the user agrees to make backup
copies of the CoolApp1 files and install those from CoolApp2. Now, when
CoolApp2 would be uninstalled, backups would be put in their place
again. If, however, CoolApp1 would be uninstalled, only the backups
would be removed and the information about their existence erased.

Somehow, at first I thought this would lead to race conditions, but it
seems there are none. This would definitely be the best solution!

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald