[openbeos-cdt] Re: We're almost there

  • From: "Stuart McCoy" <stubear@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 12:53:40 -0400

Let me clarify this a bit.  I want to see real world work, not what you have
done, or could do, for this group.  OBOS and OpenBeOS are dead as far as
names go.  Any work using this name isn't very helpful to my task of
assigning work.

Also, I want a few things:
- send all your replies to me, not to the entire openbeos-cdt mailing list.
My e-mail address is stubear@xxxxxxxxxx  If you have already sent an e-mail
to the list, send it to my address again.

- I want to know ALL the groups you are interested in being a part of

- Somewhat related to the previous requirement, I want to see work you have
done so I know if you are capable of working within the groups you want to
work in.  As the kernel team doesn't really need an interface kit developer
helping out as the two areas, while still programming, aren't alike in
skills required to work on each, designing a logo and designing wallpaper
are not alike either.  While most logo designers could likely design
wallpaper, most wallpaper designers aren't as inclined to be good logo
designers.  Same goes for icons.  It takes a particular skill to be able to
work within the confines of 32x32 and 16x16 pixels.

Most of this work will be displayed in the forums so you will still have
opportunity to comment and contribute in some way.  I'm just trying to
ensure that the logo designers are competent logo designers and the icon
designers are competent icon designers.

Stuart McCoy
stubear@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.meltingcrayons.com/stubear