[openbeos-cdt] Re: Some experiments

  • From: Alex Suraci <i.am@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 15:04:15 -0500

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 2:31 PM, Johan Aires Rastén <johan@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> @Alex:
> See new mockups below. I haven't changed the positioning of any
> elements but I think you're right about it looking a little cramped. I
> have a feeling we'll get very unpopular within the community if we
> suggest adding some padding :P A lot of people seem to be really fond
> of the ultracompact style.

Here's an ever-so-slight tweak:

http://toogeneric.com/files/arrows-moved.png

All I did was move the arrows over ~2px and down ~1px, but teeny tiny
things like that make a huge difference; the UI looks much less hectic
to me now.

So, perhaps it was less of a padding issue and more of an alignment glitch.

The menu in 2b is just about perfect; it's differentiated enough from
its surroundings but not as in-your-face. You really only notice when
you're looking right at it or in its general area, which is good.

--
Alex