[openbeos-cdt] Re: Organization

  • From: Eddy Groen <eddyspeeder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 15:30:31 +0100

2009/11/11 Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> I think pretty much all "openbeos" mailing lists are as dead as this
> CDT one, because they were established as Haiku Team mailing lists.
> Since there haven't been strict teams for years, all are deserted.
> So, instead of reanimating a list, just create a new haiku-* list and
> save the link to the old openbeos archive. IMO.

Cool. I'm all for a name change, so if the other lists are pretty much dead
(and I have no intention of resurrecting those :-P) a name change is fine as
far as I'm concerned. Thoughts anyone?

Also, "Creative Design Team" sounds like it was intended to be much more
than just human-computer interaction design (icons, desktop backgrounds,
logos). If it's aimed at ameliorating the interface and user experience, I
think Humdinger's proposal to completely start anew, including a new name,
is in order. Some suggestions:
"Form & function" (by Humdinger)
"Human Factors"
"Interface Design"
"Human Factors and Interface Design" (HFID, a common term in this field)
"Human Factors, Form & Function" (HFFF, pronounced "Huffuffuff")
"Cognitive Engineering"

Eddy