[openbeos-cdt] Re: Names

  • From: Kristof Polleunis aka BeAdingo <kristof_polleunis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 01:59:05 -0700 (PDT)

Well this is according to me a good example of how a
name should be suggested.

There's a name, there are some guidelines which can be
deducted from it like the tunes, retro style, which
can have it's effect on the icons, colorscheme etc...

Plus it clearly says something about what OBOS or BeOS
is, a platform for music (in a broader sense
multimedia), inventive, virtuoso... etc.

If other people can post there suggestions like this
we can come up with a usable list.

However I still think we should also put up a list
with things that shouldn't not be used and one with
words that would describe our new OS or that describe
the image we like to present to potential users.

example:

names we should avoid to use:

-aggressive expressions
-words ending in OS
-words that can be interpreted as negative
-too geeky words
-long words
-names consisting of more than one word

The new OS can be described as:

-innovative
-fast
-friendly
-virtuoso
-performant
-stable

We don't need the community to suggest names, but I
agree with Jace they can help with the decisionprocess
once WE have a manageable list, by simply voting.
This doesn't put the selection process into the hands
of 10000 people only the final vote.

regards,

Kristof

http://taxes.yahoo.com/