[openbeos-cdt] Re: Names

  • From: "Jace" <jace@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 01:55:45 -0500

>I think both of you have a good idea but these names tend to be more
>code-name oriented than  product oriented.  I haven't read any good sci-fi
>in a VERY long time but perhaps there are those of us here who have.  Any
>ideas from there?  Two names I've been using in relation to the GUI work
>I've done are Terra and Magma (poking fun at the names Aqua and Luna).
>Perhaps there's something there?

I'm a science fiction person.  I write it, read it, watch it, listen to it,
draw it, etc.  I'd like to bring a list of words to the list when I have time,
so I will get back to you on this.

As for poking fun at Aqua and Luna... There's a guy that should stil be on this
list, Dennis, you here?  Anyway, he came up with a neat idea called "Mercury"
(as in the liquid).  A whole UI and design motif based on that.  The name is
cool too...

-Jace

This message was sent with the demo version of Postmaster, a BeOS mail client.
For more information, please visit http://kennyc.com/postmaster