[openbeos-cdt] Re: [Haiku-commits] r19445 - haiku/trunk/src/preferences/mail

  • From: "DarkWyrm" <darkwyrm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 20:11:51 -0500 EST

> Hi,
>
> Last OT post. Promise. :-)
>
> I have never read the Apple HIG, but I do find the GNOME HIG to be
> very
> easy to follow in this respect: they make a distinction between
> header
> and sentence capitalization, and clearly define which UI element is
> what. See:
>
> http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/1.0/layout.html#layout-capitalization
> >
> Hope it helps.
Yes and no. The Gnome HIG just defines what I've mentioned in a more
specific manner. This is both good and bad IMO -- good, because there
is little room for doubt for what is mentioned specifically, but bad
because it's hard to remember. Good design is hard enough without
adding to it unnecessarily.

--DW