[openbeos-cdt] Re: CDT regrouping: why and how?

  • From: "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 20:45:27 +0100

-- Eddy Groen, on Fri, 13 Nov 2009 11:33:27 +0100:
> To sum up Stephan's mail and earlier discussions, here is a proposal
> for the
> CDT procedure:
> 1. Find something to improve (as team or individually)
> 2. Come up with an initial idea / proposal
> 3. Discuss divergently (brainstorming, conceptualizing, prototyping)
> 4. Discuss convergently (reaching a point of agreement)
> 5. Present the idea to others outside the CDT (general mailing list,
> non-tech users)
> 6. Evaluate the feedback from the presented idea
> 7. Write a Trac entry (by the assigned writer)
> 8. Post a Trac entry (along with the necessary attachments)
> 9. Evaluate the eventual implementation

These look all fine to me. I'd put in one more steps:

3.5 Summarize the arguments so far (by the topic starter or anyone else
eager for it)

Depending how complex the discussion gets, this has to be done more
than once.

Step 5 and 7 should as well be in the responsibility of the topic
starter, again if nobody else wants to do it. It should be clear that
if you feel a topic is worth serious discussion and the time of many
other people thinking and posting about it, one has to take
responsibilty.
Maybe this will also limit the number of active topics and help focus
forces.

> For the third step (which is the stap we have basically spent the
> most time
> on so far), I personally still would favor a "core group" (in terms
> of
> responsibility by being active in it, NOT in terms of elitism) that
> regularly meets over long-distance communication lines. I think this
> would
> really help us towards the fourth step of reaching a proper end
> point, as
> disagreements can (probably) be resolved quicker.

If there are other people up for it, sure. As long as their conclusions
are summarized in a mailing list posting and are discussed there like
any other. The means of communication is not relevant, only the
results.

Regards,
Humdinger

Deutsche Haiku News @ http://www.haiku-gazette.de