[haiku-cdt] Re: Border for resizing

  • From: "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 23:08:07 +0100

-- Ryan Leavengood, on Mon, 23 Nov 2009 14:20:09 -0500:
> I started working on this. The code is not too complicated but there
> is one pretty major app_server design "flaw"/assumption that makes
> this more difficult: resizing is always assumed to be done from the
> lower left.
--snip
> I'll play with this some more and hopefully I can come up with
> something that won't make the other developers yell at me ;)

Great! Thanks for looking into that.

> > Going the "overlay" road, I mocked up at
> > http://picasaweb.google.com/HumdingerB/Mockups#5403667097514157138,

> It is probably doable without being too heavyweight on the CPU, but I
> agree with Trus that it has potential to get really annoying pretty
> quickly. Though maybe with the right design it wouldn't be so bad.
> I'd
> probably consider something much more subtle than your mock-up :)

That "mockup" was really just meant to show the principle, that there
are areas that will move the window and others that will resize. The
way they are arranged, you'll always be able to move a window, even if
only a small strip near a border is visible. The colours are, of
course, horrible... :)

> But before even considering that let me code the first step of
> allowing for border resizing with the modifier keys.

Definitely!

Regards,
Humdinger

Deutsche Haiku News @ http://www.haiku-gazette.de