[openbeos-cdt] Re: Areas of interest for CDT

  • From: "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 17:39:41 +0100

-- Eddy Groen, on Wed, 11 Nov 2009 15:42:39 +0100:
>  The
> only thing I wonder is, what is the scope of the team's consistency
> influence? Can it dictate consistency rules to software through the
> (already
> existent) interface guidelines, much like Apple does?

We'll have only marginal influence on 3rd party software through the
HIG. If somebody chose to ignore it, we can only hope that those devs
are punished by users publicly pointing out there transgressions. All
we can do is make the HIG rules easy to grasp, logical and sound.

Where we (and I mean everyone working on this list as only one part of
the larger Haiku dev-community) have total control, is when a finished
proposal finds it's way into the trunk. When the API provides some sort
of consistency, all apps will profit. By trying to provide a consistent
and comprehensive API, GUI elements etc. we minimize customized
solutions like everyone rolling their own BOutlineListView or whatever.
Identifing the most rewarding areas is another job for this list, I
guess. So, it's not only non-developer attracting colour mixing... :)

Regards,
Humdinger

Deutsche Haiku News @ http://www.haiku-gazette.de