[haiku-bugs] Re: [Haiku] #7530: [Cortex] Cortex is not localized

  • From: "humdinger" <trac@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 13:01:54 -0000

#7530: [Cortex] Cortex is not localized
   Reporter:  deejam               |      Owner:  humdinger
       Type:  enhancement          |     Status:  assigned
   Priority:  normal               |  Milestone:  R1
  Component:  Applications/Cortex  |    Version:  R1/Development
 Resolution:                       |   Keywords:
 Blocked By:                       |   Blocking:
Has a Patch:  1                    |   Platform:  All

Comment (by humdinger):

 The patch doesn't apply cleanly. I did a few minor changes and uploaded a
 new version of your patch. Mostly it was left over sentence case issues,
 plus removed spaces around strings that were arguments for
 "StringWidth()". Those might be better added with "{{{+ "  "}}}"(?).

 Anyway, it doesn't compile. jam complains "don't know how to make be" and
 "...can't find 1 target(s)..." and "...can't make 3 target(s)...".[[BR]]

 It seems not not like this in a Jamfile (here of DormantNode):
         : be $(HAIKU_LOCALE_LIBS)
 I'm not a jam expert, so I can't propose a solution... (therefore I
 unclaim this ticket for now)

 In general, this localization is a good first step. There are however a
 few places where we find things like:
         BString s;
 -       s << "Could not instantiate '" << info.name << "'";
 +       s << B_TRANSLATE("Could not instantiate") << " '" << info.name <<
 which should be rewritten using a variable that is then replaced with

Ticket URL: <http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/7530#comment:8>
Haiku <http://dev.haiku-os.org>
Haiku - the operating system.

Other related posts: